By Yetunde Adeyeri
Patience Ozokwo has become a household name in Nigeria over the past two decades. If there is anyone that doesn’t know who this actress is in Nigeria, then the person had probably never seen a television. But despite all this, there are some you probably don’t know about her.
Here are ten facts about Patience Ozokwo
1. Patience Ozokwor was born on September 14, 1958, in the village of Amaobo, Ngwo, Enugu State, Nigeria.
2. She is a musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and also an actress.
3. She attended Abimbola Gibson Memorial School in Lagos. Ozokwor had a passion for acting since she was at primary school, where she would act in different stage plays.
4. She later attended the Institute of management and technology Enugu, where she obtained a degree in fine and applied arts.
5. Before starting as an actress, she was already a star before acting and first made it into radio drama. She took part in a soap opera by the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) titled Someone Cares.
7. She was married at age 19 and has three biological children and five adopted ones who all bear her name. She lost her husband in the year 2000.
8. She expressed her life’s biggest regret as not being able to marry the man of her choice, and also her children preventing her from remarrying after she lost her husband.
9. She won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
10. Ozokwor was among 100 Nigerians honored by the government to celebrate the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorates in 2014